- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Cosmopolitan Club’s March Madness Raffle March 18
From press release
Rockford Cosmopolitan Club will host its Sixth Annual March Madness Raffle Dinner March 18. The club hopes to top last year’s total of $13,000 raised to benefit the Charles Uram Award and other local charities.
Tickets for the 2010 Rockford Cosmopolitan Club March Madness Drawdown Raffle Dinner are now available. The raffle will be held the evening of Thursday, March 18, at the Venetian Club in Rockford. Ticket sales will be limited to the first 200 paid ticket orders received. The cost is $150 per ticket and includes a draw-down raffle (top prize of $5,000), dinner and drinks. Big-screen televisions will be rolled out for the NCAA March Madness Tournament.
The Rockford Cosmopolitan Club’s mission is to contribute to community well-being through charitable donations and volunteer service with special emphasis on supporting efforts to prevent and find a cure for diabetes.
To purchase tickets or for information, e-mail President@RFDCosmo.org or call Brian Lindsay at (815) 988-7855 or Derek Kiley (815) 540-8845.
From the Mar. 10-16, 2010 issue