- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
Dennis Rodman at Tilted Kilt April 9
By Doug Halberstadt
Local sports promoter Mark Bjelland is bringing one of the most controversial basketball sports figures to Rockford next month. Former Chicago Bulls and Detroit Pistons bad boy Dennis “The Worm” Rodman will make a stop at the Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery in the Clock Tower Resort.
Rodman will be at the restaurant from 6:30 until 9 p.m., Friday, April 9, to meet with fans and sign autographs. Single autographs are $60. A VIP meet-and-greet is $104 and includes a one-on-one photo and autograph. Rodman will sign glossies, mini-basketballs, regulation size basketballs and jerseys.
Rodman led the National Basketball Association in rebounds for a record seven consecutive years and owns five NBA championship rings. Since leaving the NBA, Rodman has appeared on several reality television shows and in movies, and has even tried professional wrestling. He has penned four books: I Should Be Dead by Now (2005); Walk on the Wild Side (1997); Bad as I Wanna Be (1996); Rebound: The Dennis Rodman Story (1994) .
A limit of 200 autograph tickets are available for purchase. Tickets can be purchased at the Tilted Kilt, online at www.tix.com or by phone at 800-595-4849.
From the Mar. 10-16, 2010 issue