- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
High-speed rail Webinar
From press release
In January, the Federal Railroad Administration awarded $8 billion in grants to accelerate development of six high-speed rail corridors across the U.S. The Midwest High-Speed Rail Network was the big winner, receiving $2.6 billion for new key projects.
The Environmental Law and Policy Center (ELPC) is now working to ensure that this historic investment is used wisely to create improved rail service, tangible benefits, and to advance a structural transformation of our nation’s transportation system.
Please join ELPC on March 17th at 11 a.m. for a webinar briefing featuring ELPC Executive Director Howard Learner and Deputy Director Kevin Brubaker to hear the latest news on national high-speed rail policy and funding, progress on the Midwest High-Speed Rail Network and what’s next for American high-speed rail.
The briefing will take place Wednesday, March 17 at 11-11:30 a.m.
Please register for the briefing at https://cc.readytalk.com/cc/schedule/display.do?udc=70wby8g2xhih
For more information on our efforts to promote high-speed rail in the Midwest, visit ELPC.org/HighSpeedRail.
If you have any questions about this briefing, please contact Peter Gray at Phone: 312-673-6500.
From the Mar. 10-16, 2010 issue