- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
I.G.E. Great Finds Garage Sale March 13
From press release
The Illinois Growth Enterprises (IGE) Great Finds Garage Sale will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, March 13, at IGE, 7200 Clinton Road, Loves Park—two blocks north of the Windsor Road Post Office.
Great selection of items includes a 1996 Ford Crown Victoria, a faux fireplace, furniture, household items, books, toys, holiday decor, purses, jewelry, and many more treasures.
Concessions menu includes fresh bakery donuts, coffee, jumbo hot dogs, chips, popcorn and soft drinks. A 50/50 cash raffle will also be held.
All proceeds from the garage sale benefit adults with disabilities served through IGE job training and employment programs.
Friends of Growth, an all-volunteer group, is organizing the event. Friends of Growth does fund-raising to support several annual activities for IGE workers, including a small, but greatly appreciated, year-end bonus for each worker.
For more information about the IGE Great Finds Garage Sale, contact Valerie Johnson, director of Development at IGE, at (815) 962-8333, ext. 140.
To people with disabilities, IGE offers: real work training that enhances successful community employment. People with disabilities earn a paycheck that assists them in improving quality of life for themselves and their families.
To businesses, IGE offers: top-quality contract services such as packaging/assembly and electronics recycling performed in the production facility. Employment services are offered to area employers in search of dedicated employees and award-winning janitorial services to area businesses.
Visit www.illinoisgrowth.org for more info.
From the Mar. 10-16, 2010 issue