- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
I.G.E. Great Finds Garage Sale March 13
From press release
The Illinois Growth Enterprises (IGE) Great Finds Garage Sale will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, March 13, at IGE, 7200 Clinton Road, Loves Park—two blocks north of the Windsor Road Post Office.
Great selection of items includes a 1996 Ford Crown Victoria, a faux fireplace, furniture, household items, books, toys, holiday decor, purses, jewelry, and many more treasures.
Concessions menu includes fresh bakery donuts, coffee, jumbo hot dogs, chips, popcorn and soft drinks. A 50/50 cash raffle will also be held.
All proceeds from the garage sale benefit adults with disabilities served through IGE job training and employment programs.
Friends of Growth, an all-volunteer group, is organizing the event. Friends of Growth does fund-raising to support several annual activities for IGE workers, including a small, but greatly appreciated, year-end bonus for each worker.
For more information about the IGE Great Finds Garage Sale, contact Valerie Johnson, director of Development at IGE, at (815) 962-8333, ext. 140.
To people with disabilities, IGE offers: real work training that enhances successful community employment. People with disabilities earn a paycheck that assists them in improving quality of life for themselves and their families.
To businesses, IGE offers: top-quality contract services such as packaging/assembly and electronics recycling performed in the production facility. Employment services are offered to area employers in search of dedicated employees and award-winning janitorial services to area businesses.
Visit www.illinoisgrowth.org for more info.
From the Mar. 10-16, 2010 issue