- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
To the Editor: Progress on MS can’t wait
Every hour, someone is diagnosed with MS, a chronic disease of the central nervous system for which there is no cure. Multiple sclerosis interrupts the flow of information between the brain and the body and stops people from moving. Many have trouble imagining what their lives would be without the ability to move, but I know the effects of MS; I have MS. Yes—many days movement is challenging; the pain from the damaged nerves can be very intense. This also includes blurred vision and chronic fatigue. It sometimes feels like every ounce of your body has just run a marathon, and you are walking through mud.
MS Awareness Week takes place March 8-14. I encourage people to join the movement to end MS and help people with MS move their lives forward.
It’s easy to get involved. It only takes a few minutes to make a difference in the lives of the millions of people worldwide who live with this disease. The upcoming MS Walk in Rockford is a FANTASTIC place to start. It is going to be taking place at the beautiful Klehm Arboretum Saturday, May 2. I invite you to come and participate in this event or go onto http://walkild.nationalmssociety.org OR go online and sponsor one of our teams.
Progress on MS can’t wait. Move It during MS Awareness Week and move us closer to a world free of MS.
From the Mar. 10-16, 2010 issue