- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Community news and notes: Week of March 17-23, 2010
Community news and notes
Sgt. Marc Welsh, a 22-year veteran of the Rockford Police Department, was recently promoted to lieutenant, and Detective Carla Redd, a 12-year veteran, was promoted to Sergeant. Welsh is assigned to the Field Services Bureau, Community Services Unit, and will be assigned to the Field Services Bureau night shift under the overall command of Deputy Chief Michael Booker. Redd is assigned to the Investigative Services Bureau, General Case Unit, and will be assigned to the Field Services Bureau under the overall command of Deputy Chief Booker as well. … Nadi Creative Branding Group recently named Discovery Center Museum as the recipient of their 2010 Design-for-Community program. As a result, Discovery Center Museum will receive free advertising design services for the calendar year 2010. Nadi solicits entries from all interested nonprofits in the area each year, and one nonprofit is then selected by the management team to receive free advertising design services for the year. … The MetroCentre Authority Board recently named Brian Luther as general manager of the MetroCentre. Luther had held the position of interim general manager since April 2009, when former General Manager Corey Pearson resigned to take a similar position in Kennewick, Wash. Luther joined the MetroCentre staff in 2002 as director of events and was promoted to assistant general manager in 2003. Previously, he held positions as the event manager for the St. Paul Arena Company and the University of Wisconsin Athletic Department. Luther will continue to oversee two roles within the organization – booking acts and coordinating shows as well as the responsibilities of general manager in charge of all operations and departments of the arena.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the March 17-23, 2010 issue