- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Mt. Morris garden meeting March 18
From press release
MT. MORRIS, Ill.—A second planning meeting for the Mt. Morris community garden is scheduled for Thursday, March 18. The meeting will be at Mt. Morris Public Library at 6:30 p.m. Anyone interested in having a garden plot and/or helping with the Loaves and Fish Food Pantry garden are encouraged to attend. Experienced gardeners who are willing to mentor a new gardener are also needed.
Applications for a garden plot will be handed out at the meeting. A limited number of plots are still available. The group will set a work day schedule and discuss the expansion of the food pantry garden.
The community garden is a collaboration with Loaves and Fish Food Pantry and the Mt. Morris community. Donations of vegetable seeds and plants, tools and, of course, manpower, are needed to prepare and plant the garden.
For more about the garden, call Carol Erickson at (815) 734-4298.
From the March 17-23, 2010 issue