- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Mt. Morris garden meeting March 18
From press release
MT. MORRIS, Ill.—A second planning meeting for the Mt. Morris community garden is scheduled for Thursday, March 18. The meeting will be at Mt. Morris Public Library at 6:30 p.m. Anyone interested in having a garden plot and/or helping with the Loaves and Fish Food Pantry garden are encouraged to attend. Experienced gardeners who are willing to mentor a new gardener are also needed.
Applications for a garden plot will be handed out at the meeting. A limited number of plots are still available. The group will set a work day schedule and discuss the expansion of the food pantry garden.
The community garden is a collaboration with Loaves and Fish Food Pantry and the Mt. Morris community. Donations of vegetable seeds and plants, tools and, of course, manpower, are needed to prepare and plant the garden.
For more about the garden, call Carol Erickson at (815) 734-4298.
From the March 17-23, 2010 issue