- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Mt. Morris garden meeting March 18
From press release
MT. MORRIS, Ill.—A second planning meeting for the Mt. Morris community garden is scheduled for Thursday, March 18. The meeting will be at Mt. Morris Public Library at 6:30 p.m. Anyone interested in having a garden plot and/or helping with the Loaves and Fish Food Pantry garden are encouraged to attend. Experienced gardeners who are willing to mentor a new gardener are also needed.
Applications for a garden plot will be handed out at the meeting. A limited number of plots are still available. The group will set a work day schedule and discuss the expansion of the food pantry garden.
The community garden is a collaboration with Loaves and Fish Food Pantry and the Mt. Morris community. Donations of vegetable seeds and plants, tools and, of course, manpower, are needed to prepare and plant the garden.
For more about the garden, call Carol Erickson at (815) 734-4298.
From the March 17-23, 2010 issue