- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Mt. Morris garden meeting March 18
From press release
MT. MORRIS, Ill.—A second planning meeting for the Mt. Morris community garden is scheduled for Thursday, March 18. The meeting will be at Mt. Morris Public Library at 6:30 p.m. Anyone interested in having a garden plot and/or helping with the Loaves and Fish Food Pantry garden are encouraged to attend. Experienced gardeners who are willing to mentor a new gardener are also needed.
Applications for a garden plot will be handed out at the meeting. A limited number of plots are still available. The group will set a work day schedule and discuss the expansion of the food pantry garden.
The community garden is a collaboration with Loaves and Fish Food Pantry and the Mt. Morris community. Donations of vegetable seeds and plants, tools and, of course, manpower, are needed to prepare and plant the garden.
For more about the garden, call Carol Erickson at (815) 734-4298.
From the March 17-23, 2010 issue