- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Mt. Morris garden meeting March 18
From press release
MT. MORRIS, Ill.—A second planning meeting for the Mt. Morris community garden is scheduled for Thursday, March 18. The meeting will be at Mt. Morris Public Library at 6:30 p.m. Anyone interested in having a garden plot and/or helping with the Loaves and Fish Food Pantry garden are encouraged to attend. Experienced gardeners who are willing to mentor a new gardener are also needed.
Applications for a garden plot will be handed out at the meeting. A limited number of plots are still available. The group will set a work day schedule and discuss the expansion of the food pantry garden.
The community garden is a collaboration with Loaves and Fish Food Pantry and the Mt. Morris community. Donations of vegetable seeds and plants, tools and, of course, manpower, are needed to prepare and plant the garden.
For more about the garden, call Carol Erickson at (815) 734-4298.
From the March 17-23, 2010 issue