- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Nurses Expo celebrates 29 years of professional growth
From press release
The annual Nurses Expo 2010, which celebrates 29 years nursing development and growth, will begin with a 7 p.m. kick-off and Excellence in Nursing Award ceremony on Thursday, March 25, at Giovanni’s, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford. The Expo will be held from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., on Friday, March 26, at Giovanni’s.
The cost of attending the Thursday evening reception and award is $65. The fee for the Expo on Friday is $125. Participants may attend both events for $145.
The Nurses Expo offers a number of educational sessions in which participants share information and build relationships. Keynote and breakout speakers, experts in their fields, include Shannon Lizer, Ph.D., FNP-BC, COHN-S; Faith Roberts, RN, CRRN; and Tom Schiltz, LPC, CSAC.
Donations of non-perishable food items or cash, which will be donated to the Rock River Valley Pantry, are being accepted. In conjunction with the Expo, the Illinois Nurses Association Third District honors nurses by awarding nursing scholarships and an award for Excellence in Nursing. The prestigious award is presented to one nominee selected by excelling in certain areas of requirements, such as being professionally active, having ethical integrity and competency, displaying a positive attitude toward nursing and pursuing community involvement.
Registration is required and will be taken on-site.
Opportunities for media and photo coverage of award recipients will be available at 7 p.m., Thursday evening, March 25, at Giovanni’s.
For more information, contact Sarah Gabua, RN, at (815) 395-9037 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the March 17-23, 2010 issue