- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
Nurses Expo celebrates 29 years of professional growth
From press release
The annual Nurses Expo 2010, which celebrates 29 years nursing development and growth, will begin with a 7 p.m. kick-off and Excellence in Nursing Award ceremony on Thursday, March 25, at Giovanni’s, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford. The Expo will be held from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., on Friday, March 26, at Giovanni’s.
The cost of attending the Thursday evening reception and award is $65. The fee for the Expo on Friday is $125. Participants may attend both events for $145.
The Nurses Expo offers a number of educational sessions in which participants share information and build relationships. Keynote and breakout speakers, experts in their fields, include Shannon Lizer, Ph.D., FNP-BC, COHN-S; Faith Roberts, RN, CRRN; and Tom Schiltz, LPC, CSAC.
Donations of non-perishable food items or cash, which will be donated to the Rock River Valley Pantry, are being accepted. In conjunction with the Expo, the Illinois Nurses Association Third District honors nurses by awarding nursing scholarships and an award for Excellence in Nursing. The prestigious award is presented to one nominee selected by excelling in certain areas of requirements, such as being professionally active, having ethical integrity and competency, displaying a positive attitude toward nursing and pursuing community involvement.
Registration is required and will be taken on-site.
Opportunities for media and photo coverage of award recipients will be available at 7 p.m., Thursday evening, March 25, at Giovanni’s.
For more information, contact Sarah Gabua, RN, at (815) 395-9037 or email@example.com.
From the March 17-23, 2010 issue