- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Nurses Expo celebrates 29 years of professional growth
From press release
The annual Nurses Expo 2010, which celebrates 29 years nursing development and growth, will begin with a 7 p.m. kick-off and Excellence in Nursing Award ceremony on Thursday, March 25, at Giovanni’s, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford. The Expo will be held from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., on Friday, March 26, at Giovanni’s.
The cost of attending the Thursday evening reception and award is $65. The fee for the Expo on Friday is $125. Participants may attend both events for $145.
The Nurses Expo offers a number of educational sessions in which participants share information and build relationships. Keynote and breakout speakers, experts in their fields, include Shannon Lizer, Ph.D., FNP-BC, COHN-S; Faith Roberts, RN, CRRN; and Tom Schiltz, LPC, CSAC.
Donations of non-perishable food items or cash, which will be donated to the Rock River Valley Pantry, are being accepted. In conjunction with the Expo, the Illinois Nurses Association Third District honors nurses by awarding nursing scholarships and an award for Excellence in Nursing. The prestigious award is presented to one nominee selected by excelling in certain areas of requirements, such as being professionally active, having ethical integrity and competency, displaying a positive attitude toward nursing and pursuing community involvement.
Registration is required and will be taken on-site.
Opportunities for media and photo coverage of award recipients will be available at 7 p.m., Thursday evening, March 25, at Giovanni’s.
For more information, contact Sarah Gabua, RN, at (815) 395-9037 or email@example.com.
From the March 17-23, 2010 issue