- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Paul Simon’s brother at Second Congregational Church March 25
From press release
Art Simon, founder of Bread for the World and brother of the late U.S. Sen. Paul Simon (D-Ill.), will present “Prayers and Action to Feed the Hungry of the World” at 7 p.m., Thursday, March 25.
The presentation will be at Second Congregational Church, 318 N. Church St., Rockford, and is free and open to the public. A free-will offering will be taken for the work of Bread for the World.
Simon will deliver a 30-minute sermon, and local folk musician David Stocker will share songs. Refreshments and questions will take place after the service in the fellowship hall. Simon will have copies of his new book, The Rising of Bread for the World.
For more information, call Rockford Urban Ministries at (815) 964-7111.
From the March 17-23, 2010 issue