- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Paul Simon’s brother at Second Congregational Church March 25
From press release
Art Simon, founder of Bread for the World and brother of the late U.S. Sen. Paul Simon (D-Ill.), will present “Prayers and Action to Feed the Hungry of the World” at 7 p.m., Thursday, March 25.
The presentation will be at Second Congregational Church, 318 N. Church St., Rockford, and is free and open to the public. A free-will offering will be taken for the work of Bread for the World.
Simon will deliver a 30-minute sermon, and local folk musician David Stocker will share songs. Refreshments and questions will take place after the service in the fellowship hall. Simon will have copies of his new book, The Rising of Bread for the World.
For more information, call Rockford Urban Ministries at (815) 964-7111.
From the March 17-23, 2010 issue