- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Paul Simon’s brother at Second Congregational Church March 25
From press release
Art Simon, founder of Bread for the World and brother of the late U.S. Sen. Paul Simon (D-Ill.), will present “Prayers and Action to Feed the Hungry of the World” at 7 p.m., Thursday, March 25.
The presentation will be at Second Congregational Church, 318 N. Church St., Rockford, and is free and open to the public. A free-will offering will be taken for the work of Bread for the World.
Simon will deliver a 30-minute sermon, and local folk musician David Stocker will share songs. Refreshments and questions will take place after the service in the fellowship hall. Simon will have copies of his new book, The Rising of Bread for the World.
For more information, call Rockford Urban Ministries at (815) 964-7111.
From the March 17-23, 2010 issue