- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Paul Simon’s brother at Second Congregational Church March 25
From press release
Art Simon, founder of Bread for the World and brother of the late U.S. Sen. Paul Simon (D-Ill.), will present “Prayers and Action to Feed the Hungry of the World” at 7 p.m., Thursday, March 25.
The presentation will be at Second Congregational Church, 318 N. Church St., Rockford, and is free and open to the public. A free-will offering will be taken for the work of Bread for the World.
Simon will deliver a 30-minute sermon, and local folk musician David Stocker will share songs. Refreshments and questions will take place after the service in the fellowship hall. Simon will have copies of his new book, The Rising of Bread for the World.
For more information, call Rockford Urban Ministries at (815) 964-7111.
From the March 17-23, 2010 issue