- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
Paul Simon’s brother at Second Congregational Church March 25
From press release
Art Simon, founder of Bread for the World and brother of the late U.S. Sen. Paul Simon (D-Ill.), will present “Prayers and Action to Feed the Hungry of the World” at 7 p.m., Thursday, March 25.
The presentation will be at Second Congregational Church, 318 N. Church St., Rockford, and is free and open to the public. A free-will offering will be taken for the work of Bread for the World.
Simon will deliver a 30-minute sermon, and local folk musician David Stocker will share songs. Refreshments and questions will take place after the service in the fellowship hall. Simon will have copies of his new book, The Rising of Bread for the World.
For more information, call Rockford Urban Ministries at (815) 964-7111.
From the March 17-23, 2010 issue