RV, Camping and Travel Show March 19-21 at Indoor Sports Center
By Doug Halberstadt
According to the calendar, spring doesn’t officially arrive until next week. Don’t tell that to all of the folks who will be gathering this weekend (March 19-21) at the Indoor Sports Center (ISC), 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., for the 39th Annual RV, Camping and Travel Show.
This show packs the ISC with campers, travel trailers, campgrounds and travel ideas for the upcoming 2010 vacation season. The show opens to the public at 4 p.m., Friday. The doors open at 10 a.m., Saturday and at 11 a.m., Sunday. Tickets are $6 for adults and children younger than 12 are admitted free.
Showtime Productions, Inc., produces the annual show, and according to their press release, there are six great reasons to go RVing in 2010.
1. Flexibility and Convenience: RVs offer a convenient, hassle-free way to see America. You don’t have to worry about advance reservations, airport lines or luggage restrictions.
2. Comfort: With fully-equipped kitchens and baths, rooms that slide out, central air and heat, surround sound stereos and more, today’s RVs provide travelers with all the comforts and amenities of home while on the road or at the campground.
3. Family Appeal: Vacationing by RV fosters an increased sense of togetherness and helps improve family communication.
4. Affordability: RV vacations are more affordable than travel by personal car, commercial airline or cruise ship, according to vacation cost-comparison studies by PKF Consulting. Even factoring in RV ownership costs and considering resulting tax benefits, a family of four can spend up to 74 percent less when traveling by RV.
5. Lure of the Outdoors: RVers can enjoy the mountains, beaches and parks whenever they want, without giving up the comfort of home. With the new sport utility RVs, travelers can easily haul their ATVs, snowmobiles, motorcycles or other outdoor vehicles right on board.
6. Versatility: RVs are not only for travel, they are being used for other purposes, like tailgating at sporting events and pursuing hobbies like dog and horse shows.
For more information about this year’s RV, Camping and Travel Show, contact Andrea Nichols-Costello at Showtime Productions at (815) 877-8043.
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
From the March 17-23, 2010 issue
Print This Article