- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Sun setting on the Amerock and Tapco buildings?
Under one plan being considered by Rockford City Council’s Planning and Development Committee, the city would pursue federal funds to demolish the Tapco and Amerock (pictured) buildings. Meantime, city leaders will hear details from developers interested in redeveloping the site into a convention center, hotel and retail space.
From the March 17-23, 2010 issue