- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
To the Editor: Come to Rockton Tea Party March 18
I’ve worked for causes before, but I have to say that I have never had the response I have received from Tea Party. Americans are scared as they have never been before. We face a very real prospect of the government requiring you to convert your 401(k)s and IRAs into government-provided annuities. The money you’ve socked away for years will be appropriated, and you’ll get a monthly payout, but will have no claim to the principal. Government hearings have already been held, floating the concept. How else will Obama pay for his profligate programs?
We have an administration that will double the national debt (not the annual deficit) by 2012 and triple it by 2019. They seem indifferent to concerns over radical Islamists, and are even packing the Justice Department with lawyers who have defended Al-Qaeda detainees pro bono (for no attorney’s fee). It seems that Right to Lifers, gun owners and Iraq War veterans are the most dangerous people around, not Al-Qaeda!
If you fear for the future, come to the next Northern IL Tea Party meeting at the Rockton Town Hall, 1315 N. Blackhawk, on Thursday, March 18 at 6:30 p.m. call 815-964-4588. Room for all.
Jane Ryan Carrell
From the March 17-23, 2010 issue