- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
12th Annual RAMI Spring Benefit
From contributed information
The 12th Annual Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) Spring Benefit was held the evening of Saturday, March 20, at Tebala Shrine Temple, 7910 Newburg Road, Rockford.
Sound and lighting was provided by Bruce Hammond and Dave Hedden of Sound Concepts.
Performing bands were Sweet Lucy, Moon Dogs, Missing Links and Prime Time Live Band. 50/50 raffle tickets were offered at $1 each or six for $5. Silent auction items were donated by the following businesses, organizations and individuals: Guzzardo Performance Music, Pegasus, CAM Music Entertainment, Al Grace Appliance, Capri Restaurant, Cumulus Broadcasting, Bobby’s on Broadway, Randee’s Music, Beetcafe.com, Barnes & Noble, Estwing Mfg. Co., Best Buy, Chicago Rockford International Airport, Dick Campbell, Judy Campbell and Char DeMolli, Kathy Pomerene—sugarjones, Hoffman House, Jeanne Wienzieri, Johnny Pamcakes, Kegel Harley-Davidson, Mike and Gerri Houy, Mike Williamson, Napa Auto Parts, Perkin’s, Phoenix Traders, Raymone Roberts & Friends, Rockford Park District, Rockford Speedway, Sarah Kelly, Terry Randall and Tim Sreenan—Sreenan Insurance.
Sponsors of the event were: LaMonica Beverages, Budweiser, The Rock River Times, Guzzardo Performance Music, CAM Music Entertainment, MacCloskey and Associates LLP, Rockford Park District, Sreenan Insurance, Tebala Shrine Temple and Phoenix Traders.
The 19th Annual RAMI Awards Ceremony will be at 7 p.m., Thursday, April 29, at the Tebala Shrine Temple, 7910 Newburg Road. A ceremony for Lifetime Achievement and In Memoriam will be held at 6 p.m. in the front lobby. The Awards Ceremony starts at 7 p.m.
Special thanks go to all the musicians and volunteers for donating their time in “keeping the dream alive.”
Proceeds from the Spring Benefit will go to the Gary S. Wilmer Memorial Scholarship Fund, administered by the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois, 946 N. Second St., Rockford, IL 61110.
The Gary S. Wilmer Memorial Trust was established in 1996 to honor the memory and continue the legacy of Gary Wilmer by awarding scholarships to students who wish to pursue an education in music.
Wilmer was the founder and publisher of RAM magazine, a Rockford-area music monthly, and a founding organizer of the RAMI Awards.
From the March 24-30, 2010 issue