- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Caring for the Caregiver resource fair April 1
From press release
Northeast Christian Church and Lifescape Community Services are co-sponsoring a resource fair for caregivers in the Rockford community from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Thursday, April 1, at the church, 5651 E. Riverside Blvd.
If you take a senior grocery shopping, back and forth to the doctor or the pharmacy for their prescriptions, you are a caregiver. Watching out for the well-being of any older adult, whether it be making sure they eat a good meal or just a telephone call a few days a week to make sure they’re OK, means you are a caregiver.
Lifescape Community Services is one of the largest resources available for seniors and their family caregivers in the community.
This resource fair will offer you the information you may need to help keep you at your best. Northeast Christian Church will provide lunch for a donation. RSVP with Sylvia Staley at (815) 633-3536 or Sylvia@northeastcc.com.
From the March 24-30, 2010 issue