- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
Caring for the Caregiver resource fair April 1
From press release
Northeast Christian Church and Lifescape Community Services are co-sponsoring a resource fair for caregivers in the Rockford community from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Thursday, April 1, at the church, 5651 E. Riverside Blvd.
If you take a senior grocery shopping, back and forth to the doctor or the pharmacy for their prescriptions, you are a caregiver. Watching out for the well-being of any older adult, whether it be making sure they eat a good meal or just a telephone call a few days a week to make sure they’re OK, means you are a caregiver.
Lifescape Community Services is one of the largest resources available for seniors and their family caregivers in the community.
This resource fair will offer you the information you may need to help keep you at your best. Northeast Christian Church will provide lunch for a donation. RSVP with Sylvia Staley at (815) 633-3536 or Sylvia@northeastcc.com.
From the March 24-30, 2010 issue