- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Community news and notes: Week of March 24-30, 2010
Rockford Park District Police Department Chief Jerry Venable was recently appointed to serve on the National Park Law Enforcement Association Board of Directors (PLEA). PLEA’s purpose is to heighten the awareness of, and support for, the value of Park Law Enforcement Services and the necessity to provide for the protection of nature resources, recreational facilities and park users. Chief Venable, a 35-year veteran with the Rockford Park District Police Department, has been a PLEA member since 1987, and is a current member and past president of the Illinois Park Law Enforcement Association (IPLEA). The Rockford Park District is recognized by the PLEA as having one of the best police departments in park and recreation law enforcement. … AMCORE Bank recently announced the hiring of Ed Buhrman as a mortgage loan adviser. In his new position, Buhrman will be responsible for helping customers finance the purchase of a new home or refinance an existing mortgage. Buhrman began his career with AMCORE Bank as a personal banker and branch manager. He earned his bachelor’s degree in business from Rockford College and has more than 35 years of consumer and mortgage banking experience. … Dr. Matthew Mundwiler recently joined Rockford Orthopedic Associates. He provides evaluation and management of musculoskeletal disorders for children and adults. Dr. Mundwiler has a special interest in osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, Sjogren’s syndrome, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia and ankylosing spondylitis.
Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the March 24-30, 2010 issue