- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Community news and notes: Week of March 24-30, 2010
Rockford Park District Police Department Chief Jerry Venable was recently appointed to serve on the National Park Law Enforcement Association Board of Directors (PLEA). PLEA’s purpose is to heighten the awareness of, and support for, the value of Park Law Enforcement Services and the necessity to provide for the protection of nature resources, recreational facilities and park users. Chief Venable, a 35-year veteran with the Rockford Park District Police Department, has been a PLEA member since 1987, and is a current member and past president of the Illinois Park Law Enforcement Association (IPLEA). The Rockford Park District is recognized by the PLEA as having one of the best police departments in park and recreation law enforcement. … AMCORE Bank recently announced the hiring of Ed Buhrman as a mortgage loan adviser. In his new position, Buhrman will be responsible for helping customers finance the purchase of a new home or refinance an existing mortgage. Buhrman began his career with AMCORE Bank as a personal banker and branch manager. He earned his bachelor’s degree in business from Rockford College and has more than 35 years of consumer and mortgage banking experience. … Dr. Matthew Mundwiler recently joined Rockford Orthopedic Associates. He provides evaluation and management of musculoskeletal disorders for children and adults. Dr. Mundwiler has a special interest in osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, Sjogren’s syndrome, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia and ankylosing spondylitis.
Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the March 24-30, 2010 issue