- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Have you heard? Hospital audiology now at Beloit Clinic
From press release
As part of Beloit Health System’s integration of services, the audiology services previously offered at Beloit Memorial Hospital have moved to Beloit Clinic. The move allows patients to experience expanded services and easier access to ENT physician care.
Lisa Kosmicki, MS, CCC-A, audiologist, and Jane Brook, Au.D., Doctor of Audiology, are providing complete audiology services there for people of all ages. All of the follow-up currently offered to customers who purchased hearing aids through the hospital will continue.
“For my current patients, nothing has changed but the location,” explains Kosmicki. “All of the same care they received in the past will continue, just now from the new office at the Clinic.” The audiologists will be offering diagnostic hearing evaluations (testing related to a medical condition) as well as hearing aid-related services including testing and fitting of hearing aids. Swim plugs and custom hearing protection will continue to be offered. Also, ENG testing, useful in the evaluation of patients experiencing dizziness, will be available.
For more information, call (608) 364-2400 or (608) 364-5244. Complete audiology services are also available at NorthPointe Health and Wellness Campus by calling (815) 525-4327. NorthPointe offers free hearing screenings for those 35 years and older.
From the March 24-30, 2010 issue