- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Literary Hook: Local Author Book Signing April 14
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
Come celebrate National Library Week and National Poetry Month with North Suburban Library, and meet local authors in your community.
Local Author Book Signing and Discussion will be from 6 to 8 p.m., Wednesday, April 14, at North Suburban Library, 6340 N. Second St., Loves Park, Ill. Featured authors will discuss their books briefly and possibly read excerpts. Authors include: Ted Iverson, science fiction; Todd Zoellick, children’s picture books; Tina Marie, children’s picture books; Marlena Bielefeldt, poetry; and Christine Swanberg, poetry.
The authors will have their books available for sale. Only cash or checks will be accepted for book purchases. Refreshments and door prizes will also be part of the evening. Everyone is welcome, and the program is free to the public. For more information, you may call Nicole Johnson, adult services supervisor, North Suburban Library District, at (815) 633-4247, ext. 27; or, e-mail email@example.com.
I hope to see you there!
From the March 24-30, 2010 issue