- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Literary Hook: Local Author Book Signing April 14
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
Come celebrate National Library Week and National Poetry Month with North Suburban Library, and meet local authors in your community.
Local Author Book Signing and Discussion will be from 6 to 8 p.m., Wednesday, April 14, at North Suburban Library, 6340 N. Second St., Loves Park, Ill. Featured authors will discuss their books briefly and possibly read excerpts. Authors include: Ted Iverson, science fiction; Todd Zoellick, children’s picture books; Tina Marie, children’s picture books; Marlena Bielefeldt, poetry; and Christine Swanberg, poetry.
The authors will have their books available for sale. Only cash or checks will be accepted for book purchases. Refreshments and door prizes will also be part of the evening. Everyone is welcome, and the program is free to the public. For more information, you may call Nicole Johnson, adult services supervisor, North Suburban Library District, at (815) 633-4247, ext. 27; or, e-mail email@example.com.
I hope to see you there!
From the March 24-30, 2010 issue