- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Secondary gifted admission testing is March 27
From press release
Rockford Public Schools will test students in 5th through 10th grades for admission into the secondary gifted program Saturday, March 27. Students may take the test if they live within the Rockford School District boundaries, regardless of whether they currently attend public or private schools or are home-schooled.
Testing will take place at Auburn High School, 5110 Auburn St. A completed “consent for testing” form is necessary for students to participate. Consent forms are available online at http://webs.rps205.com/departments/gifted/ or at Auburn High School the morning of the test. Check-in begins at 8 a.m., and testing starts at 8:30 a.m.; the test is offered at no charge.
From the March 24-30, 2010 issue