- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Secondary gifted admission testing is March 27
From press release
Rockford Public Schools will test students in 5th through 10th grades for admission into the secondary gifted program Saturday, March 27. Students may take the test if they live within the Rockford School District boundaries, regardless of whether they currently attend public or private schools or are home-schooled.
Testing will take place at Auburn High School, 5110 Auburn St. A completed “consent for testing” form is necessary for students to participate. Consent forms are available online at http://webs.rps205.com/departments/gifted/ or at Auburn High School the morning of the test. Check-in begins at 8 a.m., and testing starts at 8:30 a.m.; the test is offered at no charge.
From the March 24-30, 2010 issue