- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Secondary gifted admission testing is March 27
From press release
Rockford Public Schools will test students in 5th through 10th grades for admission into the secondary gifted program Saturday, March 27. Students may take the test if they live within the Rockford School District boundaries, regardless of whether they currently attend public or private schools or are home-schooled.
Testing will take place at Auburn High School, 5110 Auburn St. A completed “consent for testing” form is necessary for students to participate. Consent forms are available online at http://webs.rps205.com/departments/gifted/ or at Auburn High School the morning of the test. Check-in begins at 8 a.m., and testing starts at 8:30 a.m.; the test is offered at no charge.
From the March 24-30, 2010 issue