- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Secondary gifted admission testing is March 27
From press release
Rockford Public Schools will test students in 5th through 10th grades for admission into the secondary gifted program Saturday, March 27. Students may take the test if they live within the Rockford School District boundaries, regardless of whether they currently attend public or private schools or are home-schooled.
Testing will take place at Auburn High School, 5110 Auburn St. A completed “consent for testing” form is necessary for students to participate. Consent forms are available online at http://webs.rps205.com/departments/gifted/ or at Auburn High School the morning of the test. Check-in begins at 8 a.m., and testing starts at 8:30 a.m.; the test is offered at no charge.
From the March 24-30, 2010 issue