- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Secondary gifted admission testing is March 27
From press release
Rockford Public Schools will test students in 5th through 10th grades for admission into the secondary gifted program Saturday, March 27. Students may take the test if they live within the Rockford School District boundaries, regardless of whether they currently attend public or private schools or are home-schooled.
Testing will take place at Auburn High School, 5110 Auburn St. A completed “consent for testing” form is necessary for students to participate. Consent forms are available online at http://webs.rps205.com/departments/gifted/ or at Auburn High School the morning of the test. Check-in begins at 8 a.m., and testing starts at 8:30 a.m.; the test is offered at no charge.
From the March 24-30, 2010 issue