- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
16th Annual Botanica–a gardener’s luncheon
From press release
Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden presents Botanica Wednesday, April 21, at Cliffbreakers Restaurant in Rockford. Botanica is well known as the stateline’s premier kick-off event to the gardening season.
Klehm welcomes author Ellen Zachos as the keynote speaker. Garden writer, designer, photographer and instructor at the New York Botanical Garden. She lectures frequently for horticultural organizations around the world.
Join Klehm for a delicious luncheon, silent luncheon and author’s book signing of Tempting Tropicals: 175 Irresistible Indoor Plants. Reservations for the luncheon and feature presentation are $45 each or $405 for a table of 10. There is also a 10 a.m. container gardening demonstration for an additional $25.
Botanica coincides with Adminstrative Professionals Day, so reward your hard-working staff with lunch on you!
Register by calling (815) 965-8146 or visit www.klehm.org to download an invitation. Deadline for reservations is April 12.
From the March 31-April 6, 2010 issue