- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
16th Annual Botanica–a gardener’s luncheon
From press release
Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden presents Botanica Wednesday, April 21, at Cliffbreakers Restaurant in Rockford. Botanica is well known as the stateline’s premier kick-off event to the gardening season.
Klehm welcomes author Ellen Zachos as the keynote speaker. Garden writer, designer, photographer and instructor at the New York Botanical Garden. She lectures frequently for horticultural organizations around the world.
Join Klehm for a delicious luncheon, silent luncheon and author’s book signing of Tempting Tropicals: 175 Irresistible Indoor Plants. Reservations for the luncheon and feature presentation are $45 each or $405 for a table of 10. There is also a 10 a.m. container gardening demonstration for an additional $25.
Botanica coincides with Adminstrative Professionals Day, so reward your hard-working staff with lunch on you!
Register by calling (815) 965-8146 or visit www.klehm.org to download an invitation. Deadline for reservations is April 12.
From the March 31-April 6, 2010 issue