- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
16th Annual Botanica–a gardener’s luncheon
From press release
Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden presents Botanica Wednesday, April 21, at Cliffbreakers Restaurant in Rockford. Botanica is well known as the stateline’s premier kick-off event to the gardening season.
Klehm welcomes author Ellen Zachos as the keynote speaker. Garden writer, designer, photographer and instructor at the New York Botanical Garden. She lectures frequently for horticultural organizations around the world.
Join Klehm for a delicious luncheon, silent luncheon and author’s book signing of Tempting Tropicals: 175 Irresistible Indoor Plants. Reservations for the luncheon and feature presentation are $45 each or $405 for a table of 10. There is also a 10 a.m. container gardening demonstration for an additional $25.
Botanica coincides with Adminstrative Professionals Day, so reward your hard-working staff with lunch on you!
Register by calling (815) 965-8146 or visit www.klehm.org to download an invitation. Deadline for reservations is April 12.
From the March 31-April 6, 2010 issue