- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Ethnic Heritage Museum accepts Father of the Year nominations
From press release
From noon to 4 p.m., Sunday, June 6, the Ethnic Heritage Museum (EHM) celebrates the 20th Annual International Music Festival and honors six “Father of the Year” recipients at the Lithuanian Club.
The Ethnic Heritage Museum, 1129 S. Main St., houses the cultural history of the six nationalities that were prominent in the southwest part of Rockford: African-American, Irish, Italian, Lithuanian, Polish and Hispanic.
At the 20th Annual Music Festival, the six ethnic galleries will exhibit local musical talent and present their chosen honored “Father of the Year.” The public is encouraged to nominate a worthy candidate.
Nominations for the “Father of the Year” will be taken through Friday, April 15. To qualify, nominees must be at least 50 years of age, and African-American, Hispanic, Irish, Italian, Lithuanian or Polish.
Nomination letter is not to exceed one type-written page and should include the following: nominee’s name, nominee’s nationality, nominee’s address, and nominee’s telephone number.
A letter of support for the nominee as a worthy candidate should include his activities within the community.
Nominators must include their name, address and telephone number.
Send nominations to: Nominations Committee, P.O. Box 382, Rockford, IL 61105 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit www.ethnicheritagemuseum.org or contact the museum at (815) 962-7402.
From the March 31-April 6, 2010 issue