- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
OSF St. Anthony Center for Life offers ‘Baby 101′ for expectant parents
From press release
Offered by the OSF St. Anthony Center for Life, the four-session Preparation for Parenthood classes (“Baby 101”) help expectant parents through the exciting yet sometimes apprehensive time of pregnancy, childbirth and early post-partum period.
The next class will begin at 7 p.m., Tuesday, April 6, in the Saint Anthony and Saint Joseph rooms at the Medical Center.
Sessions during the four weeks of Baby 101 cover such topics as the signs and symptoms of true labor versus false labor, breathing and relaxation techniques, non-medical pain management options, pain medications, epidurals, Caesarian sections, packing the suitcase and selecting a pediatrician.
Breastfeeding and infant/child CPR instruction will be offered at times and dates separate from the prenatal classes, but they are included in the fees.
The fee for the prenatal classes is $35 if the baby is delivered at OSF St. Anthony Medical Center; $60 if the baby is not delivered at OSF St. Anthony. Registration, preferably in the fourth or fifth month of pregnancy, is required.
For information or registration, call (815) 227-2695.
From the March 31-April 6, 2010 issue