- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
OSF St. Anthony Center for Life offers ‘Baby 101′ for expectant parents
From press release
Offered by the OSF St. Anthony Center for Life, the four-session Preparation for Parenthood classes (“Baby 101”) help expectant parents through the exciting yet sometimes apprehensive time of pregnancy, childbirth and early post-partum period.
The next class will begin at 7 p.m., Tuesday, April 6, in the Saint Anthony and Saint Joseph rooms at the Medical Center.
Sessions during the four weeks of Baby 101 cover such topics as the signs and symptoms of true labor versus false labor, breathing and relaxation techniques, non-medical pain management options, pain medications, epidurals, Caesarian sections, packing the suitcase and selecting a pediatrician.
Breastfeeding and infant/child CPR instruction will be offered at times and dates separate from the prenatal classes, but they are included in the fees.
The fee for the prenatal classes is $35 if the baby is delivered at OSF St. Anthony Medical Center; $60 if the baby is not delivered at OSF St. Anthony. Registration, preferably in the fourth or fifth month of pregnancy, is required.
For information or registration, call (815) 227-2695.
From the March 31-April 6, 2010 issue