- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
OSF St. Anthony Center for Life offers ‘Baby 101′ for expectant parents
From press release
Offered by the OSF St. Anthony Center for Life, the four-session Preparation for Parenthood classes (“Baby 101”) help expectant parents through the exciting yet sometimes apprehensive time of pregnancy, childbirth and early post-partum period.
The next class will begin at 7 p.m., Tuesday, April 6, in the Saint Anthony and Saint Joseph rooms at the Medical Center.
Sessions during the four weeks of Baby 101 cover such topics as the signs and symptoms of true labor versus false labor, breathing and relaxation techniques, non-medical pain management options, pain medications, epidurals, Caesarian sections, packing the suitcase and selecting a pediatrician.
Breastfeeding and infant/child CPR instruction will be offered at times and dates separate from the prenatal classes, but they are included in the fees.
The fee for the prenatal classes is $35 if the baby is delivered at OSF St. Anthony Medical Center; $60 if the baby is not delivered at OSF St. Anthony. Registration, preferably in the fourth or fifth month of pregnancy, is required.
For information or registration, call (815) 227-2695.
From the March 31-April 6, 2010 issue