- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
OSF St. Anthony Center for Life offers ‘Baby 101′ for expectant parents
From press release
Offered by the OSF St. Anthony Center for Life, the four-session Preparation for Parenthood classes (“Baby 101”) help expectant parents through the exciting yet sometimes apprehensive time of pregnancy, childbirth and early post-partum period.
The next class will begin at 7 p.m., Tuesday, April 6, in the Saint Anthony and Saint Joseph rooms at the Medical Center.
Sessions during the four weeks of Baby 101 cover such topics as the signs and symptoms of true labor versus false labor, breathing and relaxation techniques, non-medical pain management options, pain medications, epidurals, Caesarian sections, packing the suitcase and selecting a pediatrician.
Breastfeeding and infant/child CPR instruction will be offered at times and dates separate from the prenatal classes, but they are included in the fees.
The fee for the prenatal classes is $35 if the baby is delivered at OSF St. Anthony Medical Center; $60 if the baby is not delivered at OSF St. Anthony. Registration, preferably in the fourth or fifth month of pregnancy, is required.
For information or registration, call (815) 227-2695.
From the March 31-April 6, 2010 issue