- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
OSF St. Anthony Medical Center offers free child car seat safety checks
From press release
While most parents believe their children’s car seats are safe, statistics show more than 85 percent of the children’s car seats are not properly installed. When the car seat is improperly installed or if the child is not positioned correctly, the risk for injury and death during an accident is increased.
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center will offer free child passenger safety checks from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, April 3, at the OSF Center for Health-Rock Cut, at Illinois State Route 173 and Forest Hills Road in Loves Park.
No appointment is necessary. Drivers can just drive up to the circle driveway by the front entrance.
Certified car seat technicians will check the car seats in parents’ vehicles and provide education about correct installation and the proper way the child should be placed in the seat.
For more information, call (815) 227-2323.
From the March 31-April 6, 2010 issue