- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
OSF St. Anthony Medical Center offers free child car seat safety checks
From press release
While most parents believe their children’s car seats are safe, statistics show more than 85 percent of the children’s car seats are not properly installed. When the car seat is improperly installed or if the child is not positioned correctly, the risk for injury and death during an accident is increased.
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center will offer free child passenger safety checks from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, April 3, at the OSF Center for Health-Rock Cut, at Illinois State Route 173 and Forest Hills Road in Loves Park.
No appointment is necessary. Drivers can just drive up to the circle driveway by the front entrance.
Certified car seat technicians will check the car seats in parents’ vehicles and provide education about correct installation and the proper way the child should be placed in the seat.
For more information, call (815) 227-2323.
From the March 31-April 6, 2010 issue