- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
OSF St. Anthony Medical Center offers free child car seat safety checks
From press release
While most parents believe their children’s car seats are safe, statistics show more than 85 percent of the children’s car seats are not properly installed. When the car seat is improperly installed or if the child is not positioned correctly, the risk for injury and death during an accident is increased.
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center will offer free child passenger safety checks from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, April 3, at the OSF Center for Health-Rock Cut, at Illinois State Route 173 and Forest Hills Road in Loves Park.
No appointment is necessary. Drivers can just drive up to the circle driveway by the front entrance.
Certified car seat technicians will check the car seats in parents’ vehicles and provide education about correct installation and the proper way the child should be placed in the seat.
For more information, call (815) 227-2323.
From the March 31-April 6, 2010 issue