- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Park District hosts Easter Seals Family Fun Night April 9
From press release
Rockford Park District’s Therapeutic Recreation Department is having a Family Fun Night with Family Support Services from Easter Seals CDC. This free event, which includes dinner, will be at Carlson Ice Arena from 6 to 9 p.m., Friday, April 9.
This is a great opportunity for families who have a child with developmental disabilities to enjoy dinner together and skate and play with the assistance of the Rockford Park District Therapeutic Recreation staff.
Schedule is as follows: Check-in, 5:30-6 p.m.; dinner, 6-7:30 p.m.; playtime at Sapora Playworld and game room, 6-8 p.m.; and ice skating, 8-9 p.m.
Families must register by Wednesday, April 7, with Easter Seals, and registration is limited to the first 150 people.
For registration information, contact Patti Hobbs, Easter Seals Family Support Specialist, at (815) 965-6745, ext. 218, or firstname.lastname@example.org; for event information, contact Lindsay Woods, Rockford Park District Therapeutic Recreation, at (815) 987-8869.
From the March 31-April 6, 2010 issue