- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Park District hosts Easter Seals Family Fun Night April 9
From press release
Rockford Park District’s Therapeutic Recreation Department is having a Family Fun Night with Family Support Services from Easter Seals CDC. This free event, which includes dinner, will be at Carlson Ice Arena from 6 to 9 p.m., Friday, April 9.
This is a great opportunity for families who have a child with developmental disabilities to enjoy dinner together and skate and play with the assistance of the Rockford Park District Therapeutic Recreation staff.
Schedule is as follows: Check-in, 5:30-6 p.m.; dinner, 6-7:30 p.m.; playtime at Sapora Playworld and game room, 6-8 p.m.; and ice skating, 8-9 p.m.
Families must register by Wednesday, April 7, with Easter Seals, and registration is limited to the first 150 people.
For registration information, contact Patti Hobbs, Easter Seals Family Support Specialist, at (815) 965-6745, ext. 218, or firstname.lastname@example.org; for event information, contact Lindsay Woods, Rockford Park District Therapeutic Recreation, at (815) 987-8869.
From the March 31-April 6, 2010 issue