- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Park District hosts Easter Seals Family Fun Night April 9
From press release
Rockford Park District’s Therapeutic Recreation Department is having a Family Fun Night with Family Support Services from Easter Seals CDC. This free event, which includes dinner, will be at Carlson Ice Arena from 6 to 9 p.m., Friday, April 9.
This is a great opportunity for families who have a child with developmental disabilities to enjoy dinner together and skate and play with the assistance of the Rockford Park District Therapeutic Recreation staff.
Schedule is as follows: Check-in, 5:30-6 p.m.; dinner, 6-7:30 p.m.; playtime at Sapora Playworld and game room, 6-8 p.m.; and ice skating, 8-9 p.m.
Families must register by Wednesday, April 7, with Easter Seals, and registration is limited to the first 150 people.
For registration information, contact Patti Hobbs, Easter Seals Family Support Specialist, at (815) 965-6745, ext. 218, or firstname.lastname@example.org; for event information, contact Lindsay Woods, Rockford Park District Therapeutic Recreation, at (815) 987-8869.
From the March 31-April 6, 2010 issue