- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Park District hosts Easter Seals Family Fun Night April 9
From press release
Rockford Park District’s Therapeutic Recreation Department is having a Family Fun Night with Family Support Services from Easter Seals CDC. This free event, which includes dinner, will be at Carlson Ice Arena from 6 to 9 p.m., Friday, April 9.
This is a great opportunity for families who have a child with developmental disabilities to enjoy dinner together and skate and play with the assistance of the Rockford Park District Therapeutic Recreation staff.
Schedule is as follows: Check-in, 5:30-6 p.m.; dinner, 6-7:30 p.m.; playtime at Sapora Playworld and game room, 6-8 p.m.; and ice skating, 8-9 p.m.
Families must register by Wednesday, April 7, with Easter Seals, and registration is limited to the first 150 people.
For registration information, contact Patti Hobbs, Easter Seals Family Support Specialist, at (815) 965-6745, ext. 218, or firstname.lastname@example.org; for event information, contact Lindsay Woods, Rockford Park District Therapeutic Recreation, at (815) 987-8869.
From the March 31-April 6, 2010 issue