- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
SWCD holds free rain barrel workshop April 6
From press release
A free rain barrel workshop will be held from 3 to 4 p.m., Tuesday, April 6, at the Winnebago County Soil and Water Conservation District office, 4833 Owen Center Road in Rockford. Topics of discussion include installation and maintenance requirements and environmental benefits of owning a rain barrel. Participants will receive free literature and the chance to purchase rain barrels and accessories. Limited space is available; participants must call ahead to reserve a seat by calling (815) 965-2392, ext. 3.
The Winnebago County SWCD is a locally-operated unit of government that strives to promote the protection, maintenance, improvement and wise use of the soil, water and related natural resources within the District.
From the March 31-April 6, 2010 issue