- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
SWCD holds free rain barrel workshop April 6
From press release
A free rain barrel workshop will be held from 3 to 4 p.m., Tuesday, April 6, at the Winnebago County Soil and Water Conservation District office, 4833 Owen Center Road in Rockford. Topics of discussion include installation and maintenance requirements and environmental benefits of owning a rain barrel. Participants will receive free literature and the chance to purchase rain barrels and accessories. Limited space is available; participants must call ahead to reserve a seat by calling (815) 965-2392, ext. 3.
The Winnebago County SWCD is a locally-operated unit of government that strives to promote the protection, maintenance, improvement and wise use of the soil, water and related natural resources within the District.
From the March 31-April 6, 2010 issue