- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
SWCD holds free rain barrel workshop April 6
From press release
A free rain barrel workshop will be held from 3 to 4 p.m., Tuesday, April 6, at the Winnebago County Soil and Water Conservation District office, 4833 Owen Center Road in Rockford. Topics of discussion include installation and maintenance requirements and environmental benefits of owning a rain barrel. Participants will receive free literature and the chance to purchase rain barrels and accessories. Limited space is available; participants must call ahead to reserve a seat by calling (815) 965-2392, ext. 3.
The Winnebago County SWCD is a locally-operated unit of government that strives to promote the protection, maintenance, improvement and wise use of the soil, water and related natural resources within the District.
From the March 31-April 6, 2010 issue