- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Tea Party Express arrives April 6
By Susan Johnson
The Tea Party Express bus arrives in Rockford at 2:30 p.m.,Tuesday, April 6, and speakers will begin at 1 p.m. The Sons of Liberty Riders will escort them into town and to Davis Park, 329 S. Wyman St. This event has been coordinated by the Rockford Tea Party, under the leadership of David Hale, who contacted the Tea Party Express and organized the reception in Rockford.
Everyone is invited to participate in this large rally on their way from Sen. Harry Reid’s hometown of Searchlight, Nev., to Washington, D.C. The Tea Party Express is scheduled to reach the nation’s capital April 15.
The message of the Tea Party Express is: “You, the politicians in Washington, have failed We The People with your bailouts, out-of-control deficit spending, government takeovers of sectors of the economy, Cap & Trade, government-run health care, and higher taxes! If you thought we were just going to quietly go away, or that this tea party movement would be just a passing fad, you were mistaken. We’re taking our country back!” This family-friendly rally encourages all citizens who want lower taxes and less government to participate by bringing their American flags, patriotic attire and signs to display the Spirit of the 1775 colonial Boston Tea Party, which led to U.S. independence on July 4, 1776. Reaffirm your commitment to the Constitution and freedom by becoming part of this energizing event at Davis Park.
Speakers will include: Adam Andrzejewski, former Illinois gubernatorial candidate; Denise Cattoni, coordinator, Illinois Tea Party Patriots; Joe Walsh, 8th Congressional District, candidate; Jim Tobin, president, National Taxpayers United of Illinois; Zach Oltmans, president, Illinois Conservatives; John Bambenek, the “Put-Back Amendment” author; Rosanna Pulido, former 5th Congressional District candidate, Illinois; Lex Green, Libertarian Party gubernatorial candidate, and William Kelly, former candidate for Comptroller.
In addition to these speakers, there will be 10 random Tea Party participants who have signed up prior to the event.
Rockford Tea Party will also hold a food drive to replenish the Rockford Food Pantry Coalition from 1 p.m. until the conclusion.
The event will run from 1 to 4:30 p.m. at Davis Park. Join thousands of patriots as they tell Congress and the White House: “Enough!”
The Tea Party Express Web site is www.teapartyexpress.org/tour-schedule-3/rockford-il/.
From the March 31-April 6, 2010 issue