- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
Tea Party Express arrives April 6
By Susan Johnson
The Tea Party Express bus arrives in Rockford at 2:30 p.m.,Tuesday, April 6, and speakers will begin at 1 p.m. The Sons of Liberty Riders will escort them into town and to Davis Park, 329 S. Wyman St. This event has been coordinated by the Rockford Tea Party, under the leadership of David Hale, who contacted the Tea Party Express and organized the reception in Rockford.
Everyone is invited to participate in this large rally on their way from Sen. Harry Reid’s hometown of Searchlight, Nev., to Washington, D.C. The Tea Party Express is scheduled to reach the nation’s capital April 15.
The message of the Tea Party Express is: “You, the politicians in Washington, have failed We The People with your bailouts, out-of-control deficit spending, government takeovers of sectors of the economy, Cap & Trade, government-run health care, and higher taxes! If you thought we were just going to quietly go away, or that this tea party movement would be just a passing fad, you were mistaken. We’re taking our country back!” This family-friendly rally encourages all citizens who want lower taxes and less government to participate by bringing their American flags, patriotic attire and signs to display the Spirit of the 1775 colonial Boston Tea Party, which led to U.S. independence on July 4, 1776. Reaffirm your commitment to the Constitution and freedom by becoming part of this energizing event at Davis Park.
Speakers will include: Adam Andrzejewski, former Illinois gubernatorial candidate; Denise Cattoni, coordinator, Illinois Tea Party Patriots; Joe Walsh, 8th Congressional District, candidate; Jim Tobin, president, National Taxpayers United of Illinois; Zach Oltmans, president, Illinois Conservatives; John Bambenek, the “Put-Back Amendment” author; Rosanna Pulido, former 5th Congressional District candidate, Illinois; Lex Green, Libertarian Party gubernatorial candidate, and William Kelly, former candidate for Comptroller.
In addition to these speakers, there will be 10 random Tea Party participants who have signed up prior to the event.
Rockford Tea Party will also hold a food drive to replenish the Rockford Food Pantry Coalition from 1 p.m. until the conclusion.
The event will run from 1 to 4:30 p.m. at Davis Park. Join thousands of patriots as they tell Congress and the White House: “Enough!”
The Tea Party Express Web site is www.teapartyexpress.org/tour-schedule-3/rockford-il/.
From the March 31-April 6, 2010 issue