- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Wacoal hosts local Fi(GH)t for the Cure event
From press release
Step into the ring with Wacoal to help knock out breast cancer with Fi(GH)t for the Cure! Participate in any Fit for the Cure event to receive a complimentary bra fitting, in Wacoal or b.tempt’d intimate apparel, from a Wacoal fit specialist and sign up to receive a monthly e-mail reminder to do a self breast exam.
The local event will be from 10 to 4 p.m., Friday, April 2, at Bon-Ton/Bergner’s in Cherryvale, 3 Cherryvale Mall. For every woman who participates, Wacoal will donate $2 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure for breast cancer research and community health programs. Wacoal will also donate an additional $2 for every Wacoal bra, shapewear piece or b.tempt’d bra purchased at these events.
Research shows that 8 out of 10 women are wearing the wrong-sized bra. Women should be professionally fitted for a bra once a year to ensure their bra size has not changed as a result of fluctuations in their body.
Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in American women and accounts for 26 percent of all cancers among women. Conducting a monthly breast self-examination is an important way to detect abnormalities at an early stage. By keeping women on track through monthly breast exam reminders, the “Wacoal Promise” is an amendment to helping women stay committed to their health. Take 15 minutes to meet with a Wacoal fit expert while contributing to an important cause and sign up for a reminder that could ultimately save your life.
To date, Wacoal has donated more than $2 million to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
From the March 31-April 6, 2010 issue