- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
April 10 Unforgettable Art benefits Alzheimer’s Association
From press release
Join the Alzheimer’s Association—Greater Illinois Chapter as 50 talented artists convert blank canvases into works of art at Unforgettable Art: An Affair for Alzheimer’s at 6 p.m., Saturday, April 10, at the Prairie Street Brew House, 200 Prairie St., downtown Rockford.
“2010 marks the seventh year for Unforgettable Art,” said Kelly Schultz, manager of special events for the Greater Illinois Chapter. “Guests enjoy hors d’oeuvres and drinks compliments of Brio, Deli Italia, Five Forks, Artale Wine and La Monica Beverages. This is a great opportunity to come and honor those who are touched by Alzheimer’s disease because the night concludes with a live auction of all artwork. All proceeds from Unforgettable Art benefit the Alzheimer’s Association—Greater Illinois Chapter’s programs and services and help to fund research on a national level.”
Alzheimer’s is a progressive disease that destroys brain cells and gradually destroys a person’s memory and ability to learn, reason, make judgments, communicate and carry out daily activities.
The duration of Alzheimer’s ranges from three to 20 years after symptoms are experienced. Many scientists believe Alzheimer’s develops over several decades before people begin showing symptoms. Sadly, there is no cure for this devastating disease, and the number of those affected continues to climb at drastic rates. By attending Unforgettable Art, you have the opportunity to help change the course of Alzheimer’s disease forever.
Tickets are $50 when purchased in advance by calling (815) 484-1300 or visit www.alzheimers-illinois.org/art. Tickets are $60 at the door.
The Alzheimer’s Association, the world leader in Alzheimer’s research and support, is the largest voluntary health organization dedicated to finding prevention methods, treatments and cure for Alzheimer’s. The Greater Illinois Chapter serves 68 counties with offices in Bloomington, Carterville, Chicago, Joliet, Rockford and Springfield. For more information, call the Helpline at 800-272-3900 or visit www.alz.org/illinois.
From the April 7-13, 2010 issue