- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Benefit dinner for Mother House set for April 10
From press release
The public is invited to a benefit dinner for Mother House Crisis Nursery from 5:30 to 8 p.m., Saturday, April 10, Tabor Lutheran Church, 2233 12th Ave., Rockford. Enjoy spaghetti, baked mostaccioli, salad, garlic bread and dessert, while helping a local nonprofit. Dinner will be served at 6 p.m. Cost is $5/child, $10/adult, or $30 for a family. A silent auction and raffle will be part of the activities.
Mother House Crisis Nursery offers 24-hour, 365-day or night nursery services to children, ages newborn to 6 years of age; for families in crisis in an effort to prevent child abuse and/or neglect. Families in extremely stressful situations can bring their children to Mother House for free temporary nursery care. Mother House offers meals, clothing, warm beds and activities for the children, but most importantly, love. At the same time, the agency offers parents counseling, medical assistance and referral services as needed.
Come out and join Mother House for this benefit dinner that will help raise money to keep the crisis nursery alive in our community. Guest speakers will talk about how domestic violence affects the children involved. For more information, call (815) 980-4157 or (815) 977-5993.
From the April 7-13, 2010 issue