- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
Benefit dinner for Mother House set for April 10
From press release
The public is invited to a benefit dinner for Mother House Crisis Nursery from 5:30 to 8 p.m., Saturday, April 10, Tabor Lutheran Church, 2233 12th Ave., Rockford. Enjoy spaghetti, baked mostaccioli, salad, garlic bread and dessert, while helping a local nonprofit. Dinner will be served at 6 p.m. Cost is $5/child, $10/adult, or $30 for a family. A silent auction and raffle will be part of the activities.
Mother House Crisis Nursery offers 24-hour, 365-day or night nursery services to children, ages newborn to 6 years of age; for families in crisis in an effort to prevent child abuse and/or neglect. Families in extremely stressful situations can bring their children to Mother House for free temporary nursery care. Mother House offers meals, clothing, warm beds and activities for the children, but most importantly, love. At the same time, the agency offers parents counseling, medical assistance and referral services as needed.
Come out and join Mother House for this benefit dinner that will help raise money to keep the crisis nursery alive in our community. Guest speakers will talk about how domestic violence affects the children involved. For more information, call (815) 980-4157 or (815) 977-5993.
From the April 7-13, 2010 issue