- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Benefit dinner for Mother House set for April 10
From press release
The public is invited to a benefit dinner for Mother House Crisis Nursery from 5:30 to 8 p.m., Saturday, April 10, Tabor Lutheran Church, 2233 12th Ave., Rockford. Enjoy spaghetti, baked mostaccioli, salad, garlic bread and dessert, while helping a local nonprofit. Dinner will be served at 6 p.m. Cost is $5/child, $10/adult, or $30 for a family. A silent auction and raffle will be part of the activities.
Mother House Crisis Nursery offers 24-hour, 365-day or night nursery services to children, ages newborn to 6 years of age; for families in crisis in an effort to prevent child abuse and/or neglect. Families in extremely stressful situations can bring their children to Mother House for free temporary nursery care. Mother House offers meals, clothing, warm beds and activities for the children, but most importantly, love. At the same time, the agency offers parents counseling, medical assistance and referral services as needed.
Come out and join Mother House for this benefit dinner that will help raise money to keep the crisis nursery alive in our community. Guest speakers will talk about how domestic violence affects the children involved. For more information, call (815) 980-4157 or (815) 977-5993.
From the April 7-13, 2010 issue