- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Benefit dinner for Mother House set for April 10
From press release
The public is invited to a benefit dinner for Mother House Crisis Nursery from 5:30 to 8 p.m., Saturday, April 10, Tabor Lutheran Church, 2233 12th Ave., Rockford. Enjoy spaghetti, baked mostaccioli, salad, garlic bread and dessert, while helping a local nonprofit. Dinner will be served at 6 p.m. Cost is $5/child, $10/adult, or $30 for a family. A silent auction and raffle will be part of the activities.
Mother House Crisis Nursery offers 24-hour, 365-day or night nursery services to children, ages newborn to 6 years of age; for families in crisis in an effort to prevent child abuse and/or neglect. Families in extremely stressful situations can bring their children to Mother House for free temporary nursery care. Mother House offers meals, clothing, warm beds and activities for the children, but most importantly, love. At the same time, the agency offers parents counseling, medical assistance and referral services as needed.
Come out and join Mother House for this benefit dinner that will help raise money to keep the crisis nursery alive in our community. Guest speakers will talk about how domestic violence affects the children involved. For more information, call (815) 980-4157 or (815) 977-5993.
From the April 7-13, 2010 issue