- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Community news and notes: Week of April 7-13, 2010
Wendy Blair, financial adviser at Savant Capital Management, earned the chartered financial consultant professional designation from The American College. Blair works out of Savant Capital Management’s Freeport office. Candidates for the designation must complete several courses and examinations. The program is known as the financial planning industry’s highest standard. Savant offers investment management, financial planning and family office services to financially established individuals, trust funds, retirement plans and nonprofit organizations. … Dr. Ioannis Karkatzounis recently joined the Rosewood Care Center of Rockford as medical director. Dr. Karkatzounis is board-certified in internal medicine and board-eligible in geriatric medicine. He has privileges at Rockford Memorial Hospital and is employed by Rockford Health System.
From the April 7-13, 2010 issue