- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Community news and notes: Week of April 7-13, 2010
Wendy Blair, financial adviser at Savant Capital Management, earned the chartered financial consultant professional designation from The American College. Blair works out of Savant Capital Management’s Freeport office. Candidates for the designation must complete several courses and examinations. The program is known as the financial planning industry’s highest standard. Savant offers investment management, financial planning and family office services to financially established individuals, trust funds, retirement plans and nonprofit organizations. … Dr. Ioannis Karkatzounis recently joined the Rosewood Care Center of Rockford as medical director. Dr. Karkatzounis is board-certified in internal medicine and board-eligible in geriatric medicine. He has privileges at Rockford Memorial Hospital and is employed by Rockford Health System.
From the April 7-13, 2010 issue