- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Community news and notes: Week of April 7-13, 2010
Wendy Blair, financial adviser at Savant Capital Management, earned the chartered financial consultant professional designation from The American College. Blair works out of Savant Capital Management’s Freeport office. Candidates for the designation must complete several courses and examinations. The program is known as the financial planning industry’s highest standard. Savant offers investment management, financial planning and family office services to financially established individuals, trust funds, retirement plans and nonprofit organizations. … Dr. Ioannis Karkatzounis recently joined the Rosewood Care Center of Rockford as medical director. Dr. Karkatzounis is board-certified in internal medicine and board-eligible in geriatric medicine. He has privileges at Rockford Memorial Hospital and is employed by Rockford Health System.
From the April 7-13, 2010 issue