- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Free Family Arts Festival April 11 at Riverfront Museum Park
From press release
The Rockford Area Arts Council presents a Family Arts Festival from 1 to 4 p.m., Sunday, April 11, at Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Admission is free.
The event will feature an afternoon of art, music, dance and theatrical performances by area students and a variety of arts and cultural organizations. Art exhibitions and demonstrations will be included, and patrons can create their own work of art to take home. The Rockford Area Arts Council’s 2010 Mayor’s Arts Award for Exceptional Student and Star Educator will be announced and awarded at 2 p.m.
The event also features dance performances and demonstrations by the McNulty Irish Dancers, drama performances by Keith Country Day students and interactive storytelling by StoryVine Theater, a family theater troupe that presents stories from the world’s cultures through mime and storytelling.
Learn why the arts should be a part of every child’s education and discover the opportunities for learning and experiencing the arts in the community. The Family Arts Festival is held in conjunction with the opening of Rockford Art Museum’s Young Artist Show.
From the April 7-13, 2010 issue