- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Free Family Arts Festival April 11 at Riverfront Museum Park
From press release
The Rockford Area Arts Council presents a Family Arts Festival from 1 to 4 p.m., Sunday, April 11, at Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Admission is free.
The event will feature an afternoon of art, music, dance and theatrical performances by area students and a variety of arts and cultural organizations. Art exhibitions and demonstrations will be included, and patrons can create their own work of art to take home. The Rockford Area Arts Council’s 2010 Mayor’s Arts Award for Exceptional Student and Star Educator will be announced and awarded at 2 p.m.
The event also features dance performances and demonstrations by the McNulty Irish Dancers, drama performances by Keith Country Day students and interactive storytelling by StoryVine Theater, a family theater troupe that presents stories from the world’s cultures through mime and storytelling.
Learn why the arts should be a part of every child’s education and discover the opportunities for learning and experiencing the arts in the community. The Family Arts Festival is held in conjunction with the opening of Rockford Art Museum’s Young Artist Show.
From the April 7-13, 2010 issue