- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
Free Family Arts Festival April 11 at Riverfront Museum Park
From press release
The Rockford Area Arts Council presents a Family Arts Festival from 1 to 4 p.m., Sunday, April 11, at Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Admission is free.
The event will feature an afternoon of art, music, dance and theatrical performances by area students and a variety of arts and cultural organizations. Art exhibitions and demonstrations will be included, and patrons can create their own work of art to take home. The Rockford Area Arts Council’s 2010 Mayor’s Arts Award for Exceptional Student and Star Educator will be announced and awarded at 2 p.m.
The event also features dance performances and demonstrations by the McNulty Irish Dancers, drama performances by Keith Country Day students and interactive storytelling by StoryVine Theater, a family theater troupe that presents stories from the world’s cultures through mime and storytelling.
Learn why the arts should be a part of every child’s education and discover the opportunities for learning and experiencing the arts in the community. The Family Arts Festival is held in conjunction with the opening of Rockford Art Museum’s Young Artist Show.
From the April 7-13, 2010 issue