- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Get trained with Red Cross in April
From press release
The American Red Cross has several upcoming classes in April. It is a great time for residents throughout the Rock River Valley to familiarize themselves with programs and services offered by the local chapter.
Classes available in April
Adult CPR/AED: Wednesday, April 14 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid: Wednesday, April 21 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid & Adult CPR/AED: Saturday, April 17 from 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (Belvidere)
First Aid & Infant/Child CPR: Tuesdays, April 13 and 20 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
Adult/Child/Infant CPR: Thursday, April 8 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer: Saturday, April 10 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (Rockford)
Babysitter’s Training: Saturday, April 24 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Rockford)
Pre-registration and pre-payment are required. Individuals can register online, by phone, or by visiting the office at 727 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61103.
For more information about course offerings, call the Rock River Chapter at (815) 963-8471 or visit: www.rockriver.redcross.org.
From the April 7-13, 2010 issue