- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Get trained with Red Cross in April
From press release
The American Red Cross has several upcoming classes in April. It is a great time for residents throughout the Rock River Valley to familiarize themselves with programs and services offered by the local chapter.
Classes available in April
Adult CPR/AED: Wednesday, April 14 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid: Wednesday, April 21 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid & Adult CPR/AED: Saturday, April 17 from 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (Belvidere)
First Aid & Infant/Child CPR: Tuesdays, April 13 and 20 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
Adult/Child/Infant CPR: Thursday, April 8 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer: Saturday, April 10 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (Rockford)
Babysitter’s Training: Saturday, April 24 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Rockford)
Pre-registration and pre-payment are required. Individuals can register online, by phone, or by visiting the office at 727 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61103.
For more information about course offerings, call the Rock River Chapter at (815) 963-8471 or visit: www.rockriver.redcross.org.
From the April 7-13, 2010 issue