- EarthTalk: Avoiding harmful food additives
- Nighttime/alcohol enforcement patrols set for Dec. 26-28
- ComEd readies for potential winter weather
- Lee Hamilton: Time to focus on growing the economy
- Anti-corruption reform advisory question to appear on ballot
- Evidence found in Dec. 20 quadruple murder, but no arrests
- Yes, Virginia, Portillo’s is coming to Rockford
- Meet John Doe: Wake up and share that Christmas spirit, you’re the hope of the world
- Tech-Friendly: Recycle your old electronics this holiday season
- Garbage collection adjusted for Christmas, New Year’s
Get trained with Red Cross in April
From press release
The American Red Cross has several upcoming classes in April. It is a great time for residents throughout the Rock River Valley to familiarize themselves with programs and services offered by the local chapter.
Classes available in April
Adult CPR/AED: Wednesday, April 14 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid: Wednesday, April 21 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid & Adult CPR/AED: Saturday, April 17 from 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (Belvidere)
First Aid & Infant/Child CPR: Tuesdays, April 13 and 20 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
Adult/Child/Infant CPR: Thursday, April 8 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer: Saturday, April 10 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (Rockford)
Babysitter’s Training: Saturday, April 24 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Rockford)
Pre-registration and pre-payment are required. Individuals can register online, by phone, or by visiting the office at 727 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61103.
For more information about course offerings, call the Rock River Chapter at (815) 963-8471 or visit: www.rockriver.redcross.org.
From the April 7-13, 2010 issue