- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Get trained with Red Cross in April
From press release
The American Red Cross has several upcoming classes in April. It is a great time for residents throughout the Rock River Valley to familiarize themselves with programs and services offered by the local chapter.
Classes available in April
Adult CPR/AED: Wednesday, April 14 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid: Wednesday, April 21 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid & Adult CPR/AED: Saturday, April 17 from 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (Belvidere)
First Aid & Infant/Child CPR: Tuesdays, April 13 and 20 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
Adult/Child/Infant CPR: Thursday, April 8 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer: Saturday, April 10 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (Rockford)
Babysitter’s Training: Saturday, April 24 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Rockford)
Pre-registration and pre-payment are required. Individuals can register online, by phone, or by visiting the office at 727 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61103.
For more information about course offerings, call the Rock River Chapter at (815) 963-8471 or visit: www.rockriver.redcross.org.
From the April 7-13, 2010 issue