- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
OSF St. Anthony Center for Life offers ‘Baby Express’
From press release
Although prospective parents want to be well prepared for the birth of their baby, they do not always have the time to attend a series of prenatal classes.
To help expectant parents prepare for the birth of their child and the early postpartum period, the OSF St. Anthony Center for Life offers a one-day class called “Baby Express.” The next class will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, April 10, in the Foundation Room in the Medical Center.
Included in the class will be information about such topics as relaxation, breathing and labor support skills, stages of labor, alternatives for pain control and the birth process.
Baby Express covers the material found in the four-session prenatal classes, with the exception of CPR and breastfeeding. These components are included in the fees for the class, but are offered on different days and times. Participants are requested to return to learn breastfeeding techniques and CPR for infants and toddlers.
Repeat parents who wish to review breathing techniques, medications and labor are invited to attend the last portion of the class. Call (815) 227-2695 for information about the parental refresher section of the class.
Couples should wear comfortable clothes to the class and bring two bed pillows. Class size is limited, and registration is required. The fee for the class is $75 per couple. For information and registration, call (815) 227-2695.
From the April 7-13, 2010 issue